The ABPI offers qualifications in the ethical promotion of prescription medicines for industry representatives.
The ABPI Exam is an appropriate accredited examination for medical representatives to comply with Clause 9.4 of the ABPI Code of Practice for the Pharmaceutical Industry.
It helps to make sure that all industry representatives have the understanding they need to promote medicines.
There are two Level 3 qualifications – a Diploma aimed at those who promote medicines to prescribers and a Certificate for promotion of medicines to those who do not prescribe.
The exams are challenging and it requires commitment to successfully pass them.
It is a requirement of the ABPI Code of Practice that an appropriate exam is sat during the first year of employment in any relevant industry role and is passed within two years. It is possible to take the exam in advance of applying for jobs in this area.
ABPI Exam website
The ABPI provide a dedicated ABPI Exams website which details information about the exams offered , as well as a straightforward way of booking the exams. The website provides:
- information about the ABPI exams for medical representatives
- a range of frequently asked questions about the exam
- facilities to register and book exams or view results
- facilities to order and purchase learning manuals and e-learning
- information and dates and venues where exams can be taken
- a facility to order a replacement certificate (for those already qualified), or for employers to verify a qualification.
If you have questions about the exam or the booking process, please visit the FAQs section of the exams website.
For further information, please visit the Contact us page of the exams website where you can submit your enquiry.OPen the ABPI Exam website